Wm. Jennings Bryan Dorn VAMC
Returning Service Members
Wm. Jenning Bryan Dorn VA medical Center is grateful to the men and women who risk their lives to fight terrorism in Afghanistan, Iraq and many other places around the world.
If you have served in Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, and/or Operation New Dawn please contact us in any of the following ways —
Please call us at (803) 776-4000, Ext 7303 or (1-800-293-8262)with any questions or inquiries about our health care services.
In Person Visits:
Please report to the Information Desk located in the lobby, ground floor, Building 100 (Main Hospital). A volunteer will direct you to the staff.
Transition and Care Management Program:
We have a special team to assist you in your transition to Wm. Jennings Bryan Dorn VAMC. Please contact:
(Telephone: 803-776-4000, ext. 7303)
- Yolanda E. Brown, Prog. Mgr/POC - Ext. 7243
- VACANT, Prog. Support - Ext 7303
- Angela S. Woods, RN Case Mgr - 803-457-4700
- Natalie Weathers, SW Case Mgr - Ext. 6472, work cell (803) 457-4651
- Stacey Reeves, SW Case Mgr- (803) 201-4064 (Greenville/Spartanburg/Outpatient Clinics)
- Jay Ginsberg, Ph.D. - Ext 6644, work cell (803) 206-3141
- VACANT, Case Mgr - Ext. 5014, work cell (803) 608-1372 (Florence/Sumter/Orangeburg Outpatient Clinics)
- Chris Whitehead, Transition Patient Advocate - Ext. 5016, work cell (803) 521-0628
- Helen McCrea, SW Case Mgr – Ext.6140, work cell (803) 542-6379
- Kathleen Doherty, RN Case Mgr- (803-201-6669 (Anderson Outpatient Clinics)
- Teri Neuman, RN Case Mgr- Ext 6178, work cell (803) 608-1021
- Anthony Hodges, Outreach/Resource Spec. - Ext. 5013
Special Eligibility and Coordination of Care for Combat Veterans Serving in Combat Theater After 11/11/1998- Returning Servicemembers (OEF/OIF/OND)
The Post-9/11 Transition and Care Management Program offers transitional assistance, case management and outreach services to all Veterans who have served after September 11, 2001 in their transition to civilian life. For more information about the various programs available for recent returning service members, log on to the Returning Servicemembers web site.
Veterans who served in a theater of combat operations also have special eligibility for VA health care. Under the "Combat Veteran" authority VA provides cost-free health care services and nursing home care for conditions possibly related to military service and enrollment in Priority Group 6 or higher for 5 years from the date of discharge or release from active duty, unless eligible for enrollment in a higher priority group.
Combat Veterans who enroll with VA under this enhanced Combat Veteran authority will continue to be enrolled even after their enhanced eligibility period ends, although they may be shifted to Priority Group 7 or 8, depending on their income level, and required to make applicable copays. Additionally, for care not related to combat service, copays may be required depending on their financial assessment and other special eligibility factors.
NOTE: The 5-year enrollment period applicable to these Veterans begins on the discharge or separation date of the service member from active duty military service, or in the case of multiple call-ups, the most recent discharge date.