Columbia VA Health Care System
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
We are working to vaccinate as many eligible individuals as quickly as possible.
Easier access to vaccines and more people eligible
VA is adding walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at all VA facilities and outpatient clinics that offer COVID-19 vaccines. Please check hours for vaccination clinics.
Congress has passed a law which allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
If you don't receive care at VA, we encourage you to pre-register online at least one hour before you go, to save time when you arrive. While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place. For more about vaccinations at VA, visit: www.va.gov/covidvaccine.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
Columbia VA Health Care System
As of March 17, 2021, the Columbia VA Health Care System has administered more than 11,500 vaccinations to Veterans!
We have expanded scheduling to ALL VETERANS currently enrolled in VA health care at Columbia.
Scheduling a vaccine appointment
VA-enrolled Veterans can:
- SEND: a secure message via myHealtheVet to your VA provider with your interest.
- CALL our vaccination appointment line: 803-776-4000, DIAL 1, and then extension CURE (2873).
- Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you are on the Columbia VA’s campus for an appointment, ask your health care provider if you may be in one of the current risk categories and eligible to receive a vaccine. It is important to note that vaccinations are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and no walk-ins will be accepted.
Additionally, due to transportation restrictions of the Moderna vaccine, we are only offering vaccinations at the Columbia VA main campus at this time. We're actively working on a distribution plan to offer the vaccine at our community-based putpatient clinics.
If you are a Veteran, who is not currently enrolled in VA health care, but is interested in getting the vaccine, please visit our Eligibility page, or call us at 803-776-4000, option 5 to speak with our Welcome Center who can assist with determining your health care benefits eligibility.
Travel eligibility for Veterans has not changed despite the pandemic.
- The Veteran or claimant must meet Beneficiary Travel administrative eligibility requirements and seek application for reimbursement after services are rendered; and
- Round trip reimbursement travel pay would be authorized if the COVID-19 vaccine appointment was pre-scheduled and there is medical documentation showing the COVID-19 vaccine was received.
- Columbia VA Health Care System
- 803-776-4000 Ext. 1-2873
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only